Application of Nanotechnologies and Nanomaterials in Medicine (NanoM 2012) Conference
Bringing together clinicians, leading academics, drug delivery development scientists, device engineers, the strategy developers and presenting the latest breakthroughs in the new and fast developing field of nanomedicine.
Cambridge Nanomaterials Technology Ltd is inviting you on one-day-meeting Application of Nanotechnologies and Nanomaterials in Medicine (NanoM 2012) in Homerton College, Cambridge on 29th May 2012 with emphasis on nanotechnology applications in Drug Delivery, Nanodiagnostics, Regenerative Medicine and Tissue engineering.
The interdisciplinary field of nanomedicine is developing fast. Worldwide research indicates the immense potential that nanotechnology is offering in medicine for delivering novel effective treatments and for translation of discoveries from bench to bed. Therefore, application of nanomaterials and nanotechnologies for medical development is one of the future most promising perspectives.
The purpose of the Application of Nanotechnologies and Nanomaterials in Medicine conference is to bring together researchers and practitioners from Natural Science, Medical Science and Engineering Subjects. The event will provide a binding platform for interactions between researchers, scientists and engineers from industry, research laboratories, medical institutions and academia. It will also offer an opportunity to learn how manipulation of materials at the nanoscale will revolutionise medicine.
List of invited speakers:
- Keynote: Prof. Chris Lowe, Director of the Institute of Biotechnology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge
- Prof. Shervanthi Homer-Vanniasinkam,Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Leeds Vascular Institute, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds: “Nanotechnology in Healthcare: a Clinician-Scientist’s Perspective”
- Prof. Kosta Kostarelos, Chair of Nanomedicine and Head, Centre for Drug Delivery Research, School of Pharmacy, UCL, London: “Development of Nanotechnologies against Neurodegenerative Disease”
- Prof. Alexander Seifalin, Professor of Nanotechnology and Regenerative Medicine, UCL, London: “Nanotechnology - Driving the Future of Organ Development”
- Dr. Eric Mayes, CEO, Endomagnetics Ltd., Cambridge: “Strategic and Regulatory Challenges for Nanomaterials-based Medical Devices”
- Dr. Victor Higgs, Managing Director, Applied Nanodetectors, Enfield Middlesex: “Breath analysis an effective point of care diagnostic for respiratory diseases”
- Dr. Bob Carr, CTO, NanoSight Ltd, Amesbury, Wiltshire: “Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis for the direct and rapid detection, sizing, counting and phenotyping of microvesicles and exosomes.”
- Dr. Dimitri Aubert, Director EMEA, Izon Sciences Ltd, Oxford: “Tunable Nanopore Sensing for Nanomedicine, Drug Delivery and Nanodiagnostics”
- Dr. Yi Ge, Lecturer in Nanomedicine, Cranfield University, Cranfield: “Bridgeing the Gap between Nanotechnology and Medicine – Current Development in Nanomedicince in Cranfield Health”
The conference will offer:
- Presentation of the latest nanoscale platforms and solutions to the medical community
- Bringing together cutting edge nanotechnologies, biomedical and clinical knowledge
- Establishing connections between industry and clinical research through multidisciplinary collaborations
- Fast tracking translation pathways from research to products and supply chain building
- Case studies of application of nanotechnologies and nanomaterials in medicine presented by leading companies in the field
- Panel discussion on the subject of application of nanomaterials in medicine and pharmacology and analysis of interactions between industry and clinical research
Venue and Travel Information:
NanoM 2012 info flyer:
Fees (Registration deadline 24th May 2012):
- Academics and NHS: £125
- Students (limited number of seats): £80
- Industry: £175
- Industry (SMEs): £150
Registration fees include: access to the meeting, refreshments on arrival, mid-morning and mid-afternoon, 2 course buffet lunch and free on-site parking (a barrier code will be provided prior to event).
For registration and sponsoring opportunities plese download the forms or contact us on: email@example.com
Begbroke Centre for Innovation & Enterprise
Sandy Lane, Yarnton, Oxford OX5 1PF, UK